• Seal of the State of West Virginia, U.S.A. Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Always Free).

Skip Navigation LinksHome > Business > Motor Fuel > Motor Carrier Road Tax

Motor Carrier Road Tax (MCRT)

While the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) allows for interstate travel, the Motor Carrier Road Tax (MCRT) portion of the Motor Carrier return, covers qualified motor vehicles for intrastate travel. If you have a qualified motor vehicle, are based in West Virginia, and do not leave the state, you must obtain MCRT credentials.

IFTA, Inc.

Licensing Requirements

How Do I

Motor Fuel Licensee Information

Request for Statement of Good Standing


Motor Carrier Applications:

Tax Information and Assistance: (304) 558-3333 or (800) 982-8297